72 gallon Bow Front DIY Stand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toker95

Aquarium Advice Regular
Howdy folks,

I've posted a few times here in the past trying to resolve some planning issues around the DIY tank stand I'm working on. I recently purchased an AGA 72 Gallon Bow Front tank, and like many here, cannot see paying the outrageous prices the LFS's charge for a basic tank stand.

Nonetheless, I'm refining my plans, trying to at least, and would LOVE to hear from anyone who has successfully built a DIY stand for a comparable bow front tank. 46, 72 or 90. The same concepts should apply.

I'm really curious to see what/how you did things to support the bow, and how well they are working out. Especially anything that looked good on paper, but didn't work in reality.

And a side note - any recommendations for testing stability? This will be a FW tank, estimated at 800-900 lbs, but I don't exactly have that much weight in something to test on top of this thing.

I'm not an expert on this, but the basic concept for building the stand is still just the same, only differ is your may have to use series of small support for the front so all the small piece can be build along with the curve of the front, you may have to get a small curved piece of wood for the base and the top of tank which support the front, if you look at the way the stand they sell at LFS, you get the idea. or you can get a big flywood or such and put the tank ontop of it, draw outside line :) cut it and built the base and put that on top.

Back
Top Bottom