90 gallon build/rebuild.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So here's my practice carve that I will most likely put in my 10 gallon, Still need to glue it all together and make room for my heater / filter.
img_1365161_0_461fe1e7d01ad46ce1b7da8475d5d836.jpg

Fish%20Tank

Got my plumbing for behind the background figured out. This is one side I will be running dual Eheim 2217s so It will be mirrored on each side. Spray bar sits just under the water like and the intake sits about 6" off bottom so it won't suck up substrate. Intake is 3/4" schl 40 PVC and output is 1/2" schl 40 PVC. Did a test and it works!

Attachments

• image-384330794.jpg
    image-384330794.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 180
TotallyCoral said:
Awesome! You're off to a great start! I'm very eager to see how this turns out! :)

Thanks Coral, it's starting to come along nicely I am just limited at times because of having to pay bills so it's a little slower than I hoped but it's getting there. Background should be carved with in the next 2 weeks.

Did about half of the rough carving for the 90 gal tonight hopefully I'll finish it soon, suggestions welcome.

Going to lowes on Thursday to get the PVC for the waterfall.

Attachments

• image-1102334630.jpg
    image-1102334630.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 191
  • image-46236661.jpg
    image-46236661.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 216
Man, this is just fantastic. I absolutely love how the whole formation blends within itself... It has a very natural look to it. :)

looks amazing! i love when people on here decide to take a risk and build something themselves. its 100x more rewarding than simply buying it. keep up the good work

I decided in order to give it more depth I am going to dig into the background foam a bit where the "caves" are so it's not flat.

I'll admit I have been kinda lazy and haven't done any work on my tank but hopefully I'll make some headway today and post pictures of what i came up with.

Here's what I have accomplished though:

-Went and picked up my two Sikatop 107 kits for a grand total $150 which will make 5.2 gallons of sealer. Expensive yes but worth not having to go through all the different curing steps, and is tank ready in 2-3 days.
-Found a place that sells tons of different cement dye by the pound, so I don't have to by a huge bag that will only be used for smaller color applications.
- Got my quote for a new brace made out of tempered glass with fished sides for only $25 bucks and can be ready in two days.

Back
Top Bottom