a few quick inline co2 reactor questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishfanatic

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am working on building an in line co2 reactor for my 75 gallon tank, it has a fluval fx5 filter.
1. How long should the co2 reactor be?
2. Do you have to have Bio balls in the main chamber?

The longer the better... just remember it needs to be completely vertical. Another member used an FX5 and theirs was a little short, which caused some bubbles to make it to the tank. If you've got room, 2 feet would be sufficient. If not, bioballs might be a good idea. I don't have bioballs in mine, but I'm running an eheim 2224 on one, and a rena xp3 on the other.

mfdrookie516 said:
The longer the better... just remember it needs to be completely vertical. Another member used an FX5 and theirs was a little short, which caused some bubbles to make it to the tank. If you've got room, 2 feet would be sufficient. If not, bioballs might be a good idea. I don't have bioballs in mine, but I'm running an eheim 2224 on one, and a rena xp3 on the other.

If I make it 24 inches long then I wont need Bio balls? My local fish store has a bucket of Bio balls that they may share some with me.

I dont like the idea of bioballs in a reactor because it's sealed and you can't take them out and clean them. But, you might have to if you want to run the FX5 on full flow. I doubt you'd need them if you made it 24", but I couldn't say for sure having no personal experience with the FX5

I don't have my stand for the tank yet but I think I have enough room to make it 26" (better safe than sorry). Thanks for the quick response!

No problem. If I could remember who it was that built one for an FX5, I'd suggest you to PM them... but, there have been so many co2 related questions lately, I forget who is who.

Back
Top Bottom