Advice Request on 75 gallon project

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jkelly13

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Thanks for visiting this thread and offering me your input, all suggestions and comments will be very much appreciated.

So this is my first major tank project, 75 gallons, where I want to construct this tank over a 3 month period before it's really ready to add all the fish. I have a 30 gallon freshwater tank that I've successfully run for a year, now I want something amazing. I am looking for all different types of advice: from live decor (plants) to artificial for sustainablity and fish recommendations and filtration systems.
IMG_0219.jpg
here is the tank (got it for free =) )

So my initially idea is a forest theme with moss and ferns as well as to use some type of driftwood as a tree centerpiece. I've seen many aquascaped pictures that were simply beautiful; they included caves underneath the driftwood with rock, etc. Now I was wondering about recommendations in this initial design process... Do I use gravel or sand? Any tips on compiling and designing?

Here are some designs that I'd like to incorporate some of their ascetics.
aquaforest-aquaium-iaplc-2010.jpg
tumblr_lesqi9fWKC1qajca9o1_500.jpg

Recommended filtration systems? was thinking a possible overflow tank with bioballs.

That should be enough to get started on the tank. I will keep everyone updated during the process too!!! All feedback appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom