Almost 100% diy 40g build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok the final poly coat was just put on! Finally! So it should be dry enough to bring inside later tonight and I'll get some pics with my camera to show you guys the final product. I'll total it out now.
All the things above came out to 20$
Then add the poly and stain for 9$ total
Sand paper i had already so 0$
Grand total of stand. 29$ and change so it was a bit more than what I was planning but not bad.
Grand total w/ unnecessary under cabinet lighting 39$ and change.

Pics to come later tonight. Any DIY filter ideas? I was thinking trickle tower w/ overflow. Any other options?

Finally got the stand done and put together! its looking good for being my first big project! so glad i decided to go with the undercabinet lighting, it will also come in handy in case i ever want to do a live filter! glad to be done with this part of the project so i can move on finally! let me know what you guys think about it! and once again if there are any diy filration ideas im all ears!

Edit: my computer isnt uploading pics... ill have to upload from my phone. bummer.

Here they are:

Attachments

• image-3552281298.jpg
    image-3552281298.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 140
  • image-1999599192.jpg
    image-1999599192.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 135
  • image-2942438160.jpg
    image-2942438160.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 142
  • image-2798723049.jpg
    image-2798723049.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 142
Yea mostly but I could do a live filter down there and grow low light plants if I wanted too.

So give me until next week and I'll start posting my progress on the filter build. I have car payment this week so I'm holding off till next check. Until then you can ask about any DIY projects u want to see for a freshwater tank.

Decided to do something with the 40g since I'm low on cash this week. I just did a DIY background for the cost of a can of black spray paint. Do you think I should do the sides as well?

Attachments

• image-2134582095.jpg
    image-2134582095.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 164
Then I'll leave them clear I can always spray them at a later date.

Ooooh.. Fancy

Looking good.

Loving the colour of the stand. Geat job.

Following this thread.. Keep us posted (y)

Is this going to be SW or FW?
What kind of filter are you making?
Are you going to drill this tank? Have a sump?

jkdubs2 said:
K so the actual tank is not gonna be built by me as I already have the tank and the heater will no be a DIY either for obvious reasons. But almost everything else is going to be DIY. I'm going to start with the stand and maybe do a canopy for it not sure tho. Any ideas on what types of DIY projects you guys would like to see, I'm all ears? It's goin to be a freshwater planted specifically for breeding inverts and feeder platties for now, for my turtles. But I wanted to do something fun. So we shall see how it turns out. Ideas?

DIY filter. Leaning towards trickle tower.

Ok so I got the first few pieces for the filter. I'll have to lift the tower a bit but I'm hoping it will work out. Now I just need the plumbing and pump and I'll get started on the build. Mothers day this Sunday tho so money may be an issue this week. I'll keep you updated as soon as I know what's going to happen. Oh and if anyone knows what size diameter piping I should be using let me know. I want to have at least 6 times flow rate so so 240gph is what I'm shooting for. Let me know thanks.

Attachments

• image-272479520.jpg
    image-272479520.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 171
Sorry it took so long to get back to the thread to update. I got my piping today so the overflow tube should be done today. I'll take a picture when done. Not sure if I got the right size but if it doesn't work im only out 10$ lol. I won't be able to test it out for a couple days tho cuz I decided to reseal the 40g cuz the silicone was looking rough and thin. I'll keep u guys posted later today.

Back
Top Bottom