any resealing pros?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vicdad999999

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ive resealed alot of my tanks. With summer coming I have (3) I need to reseal, a 40 long, a 125 and the one ive been dreading the 110. the first 2 will be easy, but as im looking at the 110 on the floor I picked up a razor blade and realized i cant reach the bottom and the corners near the bottom. My arm length is only about 28 inches without holding the razor, the tank is 31 deep, If I lay it on its side will be easier to do, but what about resealing? Can you reseal with a tank on its side or will be there be problems? Or does it have to be upright on the reseal? As thats the only way ive ever done it is up right.. Thanks

IMO sealing a tank on it's side should be no problem. On larger tanks I would recommend using a fan to keep you from breathing the fumes from the sealant. Good luck!

alright, thanks, itll be done outside. Just need to wait a little bit for warmer weather. supposed to snow tonight. maine. just wasnt sure if there was a purpose to upright or not. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom