Anyone add on to their power cords?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mordred

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am looking to add a power head to my freshwater setup, however the power cord will never make it down to my power strip. Is it as simple as cutting one off near the plug, attach additional power cord and solder, use some electrical tape too keep everything non-explosive :D, and call it done?

Any advice is much appreciated!

I am looking to add a power head to my freshwater setup, however the power cord will never make it down to my power strip. Is it as simple as cutting one off near the plug, attach additional power cord and solder, use some electrical tape too keep everything non-explosive :D, and call it done?

Any advice is much appreciated!
I have powerheads connected to my power strips why is you power strip so far away. Can you possibly move the power strip closer? Or move the tank closer to an outlet to avoid having to splice wires.

I agree, an extension cord would be better.

My tank is pretty tall and I was trying to consolidate/keep tidy the number of wires going up the back channel of my tank.

From what has been posted so far it sounds like everyone just opts for the extension cord. Thanks for settling my curiosity...

You will still have the same amount of cords hanging off the back of your tank. I would also suggest a drip loop and make sure the extension cord plug is well sealed, so water can not get in there.

Back
Top Bottom