Aquabridge help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jconn308

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm looking to build an aquabridge....going to use 2 in pvc piping. Want to 90 out of each fish tank, follow the wall and then 90 again and follow the trim of the wall until 90ing back up to the other tank.

I was going to use a 35 gps water pump to pump water out of one tank to a TEE on the floor in the middle of the piping. My hopes are that, that will not only push water to both tanks. But also level the water in both.

My second idea was to build the bridge between the two tanks. Then place a water pump in one tank. And run the line to drop into the other tank. My hope for this is that taking the water from one tank and putting it into the other will cause the water to flow into the tank the water is being taken from...

Any help would certainly be appreciated!

I saw a bridge made out of acrylic on tumblr or YouTube. If I find it I will post the links.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have seen those videos. I know it works. I'm more worried about stagnant water in the tunnel and water flowing through them. Trying to find the best solution. Also not sure if the way I want to do it will work with the tubing below the tanks instead of above. Thanks!

Hi, a diagram of you intended plan would help ya un giving input. As far as water flow through the bridge I would go with your second idea of pump placement. That is transferring water from tank A tank B, thus forcing the water in B to flow to A via the bridge. Hope it is clear, and good luck with the project! Following

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom