Aquaponic set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

misfitstimm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. Just joined the site and wanted to post a pic of my new aquaponics setup that my wife and I made. Runs out of a 55 gallon tank with gouramis and Cory cats. Water is amazingly clear for just the growbed filtration. Have soy, kale and spinach growing at the moment. Have it running on a flood and drain cycle. Pumping water 15 minutes every hour. Hoping to get some more fish in there. Already bought another container to make a second growbed.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392661710581.jpg
    1392661710581.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 225
In the grow bed? Yes I have it on a flood and drain set up also gravel isn't even completely on sides

Ok, did you compare your nitrate/nitrite/ammo levels before and after the grow bed? I find it amazing how things balance out, and in this sort of setup being able to eat the end result is the cherry on top.

Still not really far along with it but amazed at water quality. Its almost on par with my other tanks.

Hello everyone. Just joined the site and wanted to post a pic of my new aquaponics setup that my wife and I made. Runs out of a 55 gallon tank with gouramis and Cory cats. Water is amazingly clear for just the growbed filtration. Have soy, kale and spinach growing at the moment. Have it running on a flood and drain cycle. Pumping water 15 minutes every hour. Hoping to get some more fish in there. Already bought another container to make a second growbed.

What kind of container is that? I'm setting up a system on my 55 and I'm having difficulty finding a container for the grow bed. All the ones that fit my shelf are only 6" deep.

Actually using a Christmas tree storage container. They were on sale at Aldi. Works perfect and the plastic is strong not brittle.

That's great. I'm also having trouble looking for a container for my 55g. I'm thinking to DIY acrylic container like this one:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1396147924074.jpg
    1396147924074.jpg
    189.1 KB · Views: 104
Lettuce and tomato to be doing the best. Very fast growth. Soy and peppers seem to have stalled at a certain point slow going now.

Back
Top Bottom