Aquarium construction software

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bele74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'd like to build my own tank but don't know where to begin. Does anyone know if there are any applications or webpages available where I can calculate the measurements of the pieces needed?

So far I've only found one application and it's made mostly for constructing vivariums (VivBuilder 3.0).

You may find some help by looking at sump designs. A sump is a small tank used to hide equipment under the tank and out of sight, as well as increase total volume.

Melev's Reef - Sumps & Fuge's

welcometoaa.gif

A glass thickness calculator is really the only tool you need. Depth is the deciding factor in how thick your aquarium glass needs to be. If you're going with a long tank, some cross bracing may be necessary to keep the glass from bowing. Google Sketchup is handy, especially after you install the parametric modeling add-on.

ANY CAD program will do this for you and then some. Cnet.com/downloads has a few free cad programs that are really good at doing what you need to do, if you do not know how to draft digitally youtube has alot of tutorial videos that will help you thru the program you are using.

Back
Top Bottom