Aquarium corner braces??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just curious if anyone has DIY'd or 3d printed corner braces for modified rimless tanks?

I'm looking to turn my 2 20 longs into rimless top only but would feel safer with some kind of corner support. I was looking at these

Aquarium Lid Clips Universal Lid Clips for Rimless Aquariums Rimless Clips/Fish Tank Glass Cover Clip Support Holder/Fish Tank Brackets Clip Hanger 8mm https://a.co/d/gsK01yJ

Figured I could use these and silicone inside. Anyone ever do anything like this?

Thanks

The plastics used for 3D printers aren't always food safe and might be an issue in an aquarium.

We used to get stainless steel brackets that hung on the edge of the aquarium and coverglass sat on them. The plastic brackets from Amazon are similar and should do the same job, maybe even better.

Normally you just rest the brackets on the glass and they don't go anywhere, so you shouldn't need to silicon them in place. You can silicon them if you like but it's probably not necessary.

I’m using 2 different 20 longs that I removed the top rims on. They are both going on 4 years now without any issues at all. I think you should be fine without anything on it. Unless it’s just for the peace of mind.. good luck either way

Back
Top Bottom