Are puffers okay for my tank??! Please help :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PleaseHelp

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello. I would like some south american puffers (I like weird freshwater fish) and do not know how aggressive they will be. I own 5 neon tetras, 2 platys, red tetras (serpae tetras) 2 botia loaches (they are quite inactive, occasionally nip fins, nothing too bad) 3 zebra danios, and a marble danio. I really want a puffer, but don't want to disrupt the peace. Please explain if i can add a SAP. Side note: I am 11 and don't have much money to experiment, so I would not like to risk adding one if they are aggressive.

P.S: Could you please reccomend an oddball for my tank that are compatible with my fish? (A shrimp, less aggressive puffer, eel (Not peacock, i've had several to no success </3) :thanks:

1) all those fish would be dinner as the puffer grows
2) the puffer would not survive in a fresh water tank as the puffer you speak of is brackish

Not a chance. Dwarf puffers are the only freshwater puffers I'm aware of and that's going out on a limb. Puffers are territorial and love to nip fins.

ADF are a good peaceful oddball.

Caleb

The SAP is a true freshwater puffer, just to clarify. And this thread was posted twice, the OP has decided against puffers and is looking for other suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom