bambo deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zeig

Aquarium Advice Regular
i want to make a bamboo deck with a "stairs" in my tank so my fiddlers will be able to get out of the water, i plan on using tension in twine to keep it all together. i jsut dont know where to go to get the bamboo! i dont want that green stuff i want like sticks of the tan colored kind. any idears?

You could buy alot of the green stuff and cut it up and let it dry up then build it.

You could buy it at home depot. You might want to keep the dead bamboo out of the water, and use a slate as a ramp as the dead bamboo will cause ammonia issues in the water due to it is dead and rotting material.

crap i didnt think of that...ugh...
i found a great peice of slate today but somone painted a flower on it.. =(
can taht be removed safely?

well the bambo has to be in the water somewhat...what do i do? is there a treatment or something else i could use?

I would do it anyways and keep it a little out of the water. As for the flowery slate, you can remove it with chemicals so i just wouldn't use that piece. It is not hard to find slate. Just make a wide slate ramps so your crabs have options.

where does one find cheap slate..?

i planned on holding up the deck with bambo.. =( wht do i use now?

Well, you COULD use 1/2" PVC to make little "piers" for the "deck". Just a thought lol.

pvc... that will soo ruin the look of my tank =(((
i want it to look oriental asiany...

Hm.. Well maybe you can find plastic bamboo? lol I bet they sell it somewhere! I'd just spray paint the pvc black and cal it a day XD.

haha nope it has to be perfect!
btw the tanks cycling atm!!!!
but wheres a good store for slate and bambo? and plastic bambo..?

You can go to your local garden center and or building supply (I don't think HD or lowes has it, not in NY anyway) where they sell pavers, they will also have slate. It wont be expensive because you don't need that much.

pvc... that will soo ruin the look of my tank =(((
i want it to look oriental asiany...

Actually no. You could easily cover up the peices of PVC you would need with plans or rocks or something.

You can go to your local garden center and or building supply (I don't think HD or lowes has it, not in NY anyway) where they sell pavers, they will also have slate. It wont be expensive because you don't need that much.

what are pavers..?

Actually no. You could easily cover up the peices of PVC you would need with plans or rocks or something.

the "stilts" for my deck have to be like 7 inches high, i dont think that i can use rocks to cover it, and m not puttin plants in >.>...hmm... maybe wrap the pvc with fake plants lol...?

oh like the bricks haha kay, brain fart wow...
ya im gonna check a store up the street in a little bit.

It is really simple actually. So just find what you want to do and do it. Plastic plans or pavers will work. Just find what you want to do.

i would try using a clear epoxy paint to coat the bamboo. should be fine for the ramp too so no slate needed. try a craft store or sometimes garden centers will have bamboo stakes for helping to hold up plants. if you can't find any shoot me a pm and i can send ya some from my backyard.

i would try using a clear epoxy paint to coat the bamboo. should be fine for the ramp too so no slate needed. try a craft store or sometimes garden centers will have bamboo stakes for helping to hold up plants. if you can't find any shoot me a pm and i can send ya some from my backyard.

Good idea, i might have to use this as i have a frog that needs a second platform. Thanks.

perfect idear!

i just need bamboo.
my local gardening store didnt have any, ill try a hardware stores gardening area i guess. ha would u really send me some bamboo?

Back
Top Bottom