Been given a tank and

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think silicone on a crack is going to work, especially on the bottom since it has to bear the weight of substrate and water (gravity doesn't help matters either). You might consider replacing the bottom.

Thanks yes that's what I have decided to do - waiting on glass quotes now and for the husband to come home to break the news to him that my awesome free tank is now going to cost money haha

I am very curious to see how much it would cost you! Are you going to attach it yourself or have someone else do it? How many gallons is it? It should be a neat experience at least.

I've been quoted $35 a square metre, I'm also now thinking of dividing the tank in the middle and using one side for fry and the other for the females ready to birth..

I'm thinking I can attach it myself with the hubby's help...

There's a crack in the bottom of it - does anyone think silicone repair would work??
It might be possible to just silicone a whole new piece of glass on top of the bottom piece. Would I try it myself, honestly...no.
If/when you get it fixed, I would fill it and let it sit for a few weeks, somewhere where it doesn't do any damage if it leaks.
It might be cheaper to just buy another used tank or wait for another freebie...haha

Back
Top Bottom