Best Background material

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't mean to hijack, but what if you change your mind about painting the back? Is there a safe, efficient way to get it off?

I use SeaView on my backgrounds. It really makes them pop and no bubbles in that way. I know petco had it at one point and I know you can purchase it online. IMO a balck/blue or even background with plants looks just as good as the spray paint. Very easy clean up if you want to change, peel off background and windex.. good to go! Check it out

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Aquarium

TommyLiNy said:
I use SeaView on my backgrounds. It really makes them pop and no bubbles in that way. I know petco had it at one point and I know you can purchase it online. IMO a balck/blue or even background with plants looks just as good as the spray paint. Very easy clean up if you want to change, peel off background and windex.. good to go! Check it out

I use the seaview as well. Got a little sloppy on my sw tank tho so I might paint it.

You don't need much Ive had it on my tank for over a year now. If there was a bubble or dry spot just peeled back and added a lil more. I used a paper towel maybe that held it better idk :) Not bad for $5 though. I know scraping paint can be a real pain in the *** (painter myself) just throwin another option out there.

Im not sure if the background you are looking for is the black/blue paint on the back glass. I did however make a really cool background(styrofoam sheet, carved that is then glued with silicone on the inside/back glass...It isn't the easiest job(isnt this though the DIY thread? LOL!!), but in a day's work you can come up with an amazing background that would come really cheap, and most importantly the way you want it.
If you check on you tube, they have tutorials on ways to do it.... I have seen one made for saltwater that incorporated pieces of coral coming out and it looked amazing!

I made a quick fix for my background and it only cost me 8 bucks. 2 yards of black felt from the fabric store and a package of small velcro squares. Now I have a a good looking background in which I can change the color in about 2 moments and each color cost about 5 bucks. Will post a pick in a few moments.

Pics

Attachments

• image-1605710682.jpg
    image-1605710682.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 163
  • image-203131764.jpg
    image-203131764.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 168
  • image-2741319155.jpg
    image-2741319155.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 185
  • image-263236600.jpg
    image-263236600.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 174
Liking the black background. Never thought about using spraypaint. That is great.

Back
Top Bottom