First prototype! I took a small candle holder, the ones with the small stem for tappered candles and slid over a piece of 3/4" I.D., 1" O.D. vinyl tubing. I took some hot glue and filled the pit in the candle holder to level. I heated up the tubing in boiling water to get it to slip over the stem of the candle holder. After it cooled, I drilled 3 holes as sysmetrical as possible, 1/4 inch in diameter for the worms to fall out from. The tubing is just long enough to reach the top of the tank just under the lid. This allows me to put the worms in from the surface. The worms then fall to the hot glue and slowly wriggle their way out and fall to the shallow dish on the bottom of the candle holder. Most of the worms are picked off as soon as the fish see them coming out of the holes.
The only real problem is that some of the worms stay in the tube and die before finding the holes to wriggle out. I am going to try cutting slots on my next setup and see if they all get out then. I will also be filling the hole in the candle holder further up so that a small bulg is formed to help the worms make their way to the sides of the feeder and fall out.
If anyone has suggestions, please post them. This is going to work better than anything I have seen online or in my LFS
for feeding bottom feeders.