Bubble lamp tower INTO 4ft tower tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blac

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok i got a 4 foot tall standing bubble tower lamp and i want to turn it into a tank! I'm sure heating won't be a problem with a 100watt part way down the tube...the bubbles still come up from the bottom so i'll just turn those on real softly. I guess my only question would be what kind of filter should i use considering the height of the tank?

100726_th.jpg

First, welcome to AA!

What is the diameter of the lamp? Although the tank may be doable, it will likely not be very practical. The size appears to be too small to accomodate any fish, unless the diameter is larger than it seems. You will have to be careful with the heater to be sure that it does not burn the sides. Also, any filter will need enough power to pump the water up the height of the tank. This is just my two cents, but I don't think the tank will be very practical.

it could be possible to build a custom air drivin floss/gravel filter to go over the airstone in the bottom.. (there would be holes around the outside bottom to allow water to be sucked in and a small hole out the top for the water to be pushed out by the air bubbler)

but I wouldnt recomend putting much of anything in one of these as far as fish go... a couple of guppies might be ok (we have a two foot one and I could only hope your's is double the size the pipe is on ours to be considering this)

Back
Top Bottom