Canister Filter uptake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CompMage

Aquarium Advice Freak
So first a little history.

I'm working with a 48" 55G planted. I used to have 2 smaller HOB filters set about about 8 inches from each end to get good flow in the tank. During some cleaning I... misplaced the impeller to one of them. SO instead of re-upping the HOB I went with a canister.

I got the SunSun 304B and I'm really seeing an improvement on my water quality. But I've got a small problem, I'm noticing that I'm getting debris build up on the far end of the tank from the filter intake.

So now to the actual question. Will the pump handle a dual pickup using a DIY PVC so long as I keep the diameter smaller than the factory.

I can't answer your question but have a suggestion. Try a small circulation pump. All tanks have a dead spot somewhere and this could move debris towards the intake.

I had this filter myself on a 55g tank. I found the best way to avoid dead spots with this filter is to use the spray bar on one side of the tank and placing the input on the opposite side. This solved most, but not all of my problems. Without multiple sources of water movement you are always going to have dead spots, but then again that just makes everything collect to one space so it can be vacuumed out easier.

Back
Top Bottom