Canopy Construction: Advice much appreciated...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SALTYDAWGY

Aquarium Advice Activist
My wife and I decided that we would build a canopy for our fish tank together. I have done this before but never much cared for the end result. I would always throw together a smiple design just to cover the lighting and equipment on top of the tank. We decided this morning that we would go it together this time. She is very creative and patient. I lack the previous. The tank is a simple 75 gal. Can anyone give me some ideas on materials and design? Diagrams would be really helpful. We would like it to be a shiny acrylic black in color and I am not sure how to get that from spray paints. We also wanted to incorporate some molding for decoration and some sort of a trap door to help ease the addition of top off water, water changes and adding foods.

Thanks in advance for any input. :wink:

I don't have much to suggest but, if you haven't already, you should check out the DIY section on here. I only repainted a used hood that I got. It may be overkill, but since I have MH lights which get very hot, I spray painted the inside of the hood with paint from the auto parts store that is intended for exhaust pipes and can hold up to 400+ degree temps.

Thank you so much for that response to my project need. That was very helpful GREAT ARTICLES!

Back
Top Bottom