Cheap diy baffle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lomeli562

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone im planing a 10 gallon sump for a 55 gallon goldfish tank with a trickle tower and i was wondering what can be used for baffles other than glass or acrylic sheets? Im a broke college student and need to save money lol any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey everyone im planing a 10 gallon sump for a 55 gallon goldfish tank with a trickle tower and i was wondering what can be used for baffles other than glass or acrylic sheets? Im a broke college student and need to save money lol any help is greatly appreciated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Plastic ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Not sure how expensive glass is BUT many buy tanks at the petco $ per gallon sale(going on now) and strip the tanks down for the glass to make things like sumps,lids and for repairs.
$10 for 5 pieces of glass(10g)?

Plexiglass is what I use. Go looking for scraps of it at glass cutting stores an such, can usally get it for free or cheep

Pretty much anything water resistant can be used. If you get something less rigid you will need to install braces so it could cost you the same as getting a better material.

Brad McLaughlin
Tampa Bay Area

You can use water bottles or plastic food containers. Lots of people use them to baffle HOB filter out flows.

Back
Top Bottom