Cifen Overflow box with Power Head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Punkroc701

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok so I am building an overflow box and to help keep it going in case of power outage I am adding a power head. Now the question I have is this, in the readings on how to make it start the cifen process I believe I am supposed to connect the in flow of the powerhead to the cifen part of the overflow which would have the power head running dry, so do I do the oppisite and have the output of the power head pump into the overflow cifen? I am going off a couple designs and doing my own, but this is the closest to what it will look like: DIY Overflow

Thanks.

Have a look at the eshopps syphon overflow box,this is what I use,great piece of kit.as soon as power goes off the DT will drain about 5mm of water to your sump then due to the makeup of the box as soon as power is back it starts back up without the aid of any purge pump.There's a couple of pics on my profile and there only about $60,or look at lifereef if you want the expensive one.

Thanks but I'm thinking I'm gonna push with this diy overflow. Just down to figureing out how to go about hooking the PH to it.

Back
Top Bottom