Circuit board designs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know crap, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'll bet my quote would be the lowest.
Hahahahaa lol I don't sleep and that still was funny!!

ya that controller can do everything... but I was trying to find a cheep way to simulate one of it's functions at a fraction of the price. oh well so much for that idea.

I'm trying to get an electrical design that I can put on a circuit board... I want either a, power on light on power off light off; power on two lights on power off both lights off; power on three lights on... all the way to 14 lights on then back down in reverse one light at a time till power comes on and no lights are on... then back up again. Now the other way I could see doing it is with a built in timer with memory where a light turns on every 12 hours till they are all on then back down... with the power cycling off for 12 hours at a time. If you can't have memory like that with the power cycling on/off your could do it in the circuits with 24/7 power on... one light turns on for 12 hours then turns off for 12 hour, then on with 2 lights and so on. (this would be for LED lights)

That's my Idea in a nutshell but it's already out there for about $300 with way more available customization of your entire tank... so ya.

Your going to want to use a microcontroller and an algorithm to do this. Sounds like a simple algorithm really. Now you just need to read up on microcontroller basics. They make kits for people to learn to program simple microcontrollers that interface to your computer. You write the code that the controller recognizes, the interface programs the controller, and then you set up the outputs to turn on/off LEDs via transistors.

It would be an easy job for someone that works with microcontrollers. The microcontroller would fit on a small pcb and so would the transistors for your LEDs. Check out BASIC STAMP controllers. Cheap and easy to use.

Matt

can use a simple 555 ic for the 12 on 12 off. they really easy to make into a timer and you can change it to what ever time u want just by adding or taking away caps

Try a step controller!!
they are very basic and cheap,I don't no how many switches they have but I've seen one with over 15 in an Air conditioning control panel

Nop, it is all custom made, PIC18F558, DS18B20, DS1307, and 224x240 Sed1335 LCD.
All the code so far 7.1K byte, written in CCS C.
Getting close to finish now, the PH sensor could be bad, it was out of the storage fluid for 3 month, the salinity sensor works fine, now just need some platinum plated probe tips :).

Back
Top Bottom