Circuit board designs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greenmaster

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm not that great at circuits. I'm looking for someone who can design a circuit board for me I'm willing to pay but I don't know where to look.

I am an electrical engineer. I design high voltage transformers. Circuit boards are not my forte but I can try.

even if you give me a circuit design I could put it on a board with a program... I'm just not sure of the components to use. (I have only done some minor circuit building in high school and forget most of it but the hard part is coming up with the plans)

I am electro-mechanical Tech. With a good understanding of circuit boards. I was born and razed in silicon valley and worked for a few company's that set the standards there. Sans pay for a piece of your profits.

sounds good to me but this post is out there for the world to see... I could edit my posts to take out my idea

... I could probably design a computer driven system myself... even one that was wireless... and could be modified from the web... but I would like to have a stand alone circuit that cleanly plugs into the wall and forget about it... rather then have to have a computer running to switch the lights on and off... Computer programming I can do a bit of still.

I don't know crap, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. I'll bet my quote would be the lowest.

I am getting my BS in EE and use expresspcb all the time to build circuits. Expresspcb is very easy to use. You just drag parts around and add traces. When done, you click on a box that lets you directly order the boards. A few days later and you have them at your door. They drill the hole and cut the traces for you. You then solder the parts onto the board. You can even go pro and have silk screening and solder mask added. Very high quality!

Matt

Ya I was more looking for the Circuit design... like the parts that I will need for a certain function... I already know how to piece the boards together I just don't know the components I will need... I just need like 10 min of a professionals time... and am willing to pay :p

Im guessing this is some sort of control system for your tank? Things will depend on whether you are going to have an external controller (laptop or desktop ect) send output from a program to switches or if you want a microcontroller to be on board with the switches. Im guessing you are going to want a microprocessor to be on board along with the switches it will control?

If you post some details such as what it should do, and how, I am sure others here with some better experience will chime in. You will need someone to write a program and load it to a microprocessor for one.

Matt

I'm looking for a switching board that will switch on/off things in order but really I would like to talk to someone about it... I'm willing to phone anywhere in the world... someone... anyone :-D

I sent one in to an online circuit consulting service and am waiting on a quote to have one made for me... but I would still prefer to talk to someone as they say it will be up to 2 weeks before I get a response.

Sounds like a good job for a simple microcontroller. I dont have much experience with microcontrollers yet. (Still working on that degree :)) Sounds like a neat LED lighting display for an aquarium.

Depending on how complex you want to make things, you could get by with a microcontroller turning on and off LEDs via some transistors. The hard part would be writing the code. (well if you have no experience with that).

Any other EE folks here? You may want to take this to another forum. I am a member over at 4hv.org. Lots of EEs and computer programmers over there. Youll likely get free advice if you give a bit more details, or you can easily find several eager EEs willing to do it for a price.

Matt

I know you really just want to talk to someone offline about the idea and won't elaborate on your super secret project - I may be slow sometimes, but even *I* figured that much out! But have you looked in to the abilities of something like Neptune Systems Apex AquaController? If you put your thinking cap on, there's not much you can't do/control with that unit. It is probably quicker and easier to use it as a controller to test out whatever it is you're thinking of. And then if things pan out and you want to market whatever it is commercially, you can then worry about getting custom stuff made and lowering your costs. My nickel's worth...

Back
Top Bottom