co2 airstone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timwag2001

Aquarium Advice FINatic
i think i remember seeing something telling you not to use a regular air stone in your difusor. what's the reason?

the idea is you want to make co2 a mist. with air stone it breaks it up a little and floats right up and out of the tank. the more you break it down the more stays in the tank the more

yeah, general airstones don't create fine or small enough bubbles to really allow enough water contact to get good dissolving going on.

i picked up a topfin ceramic airstone from petsmart that claims it produces micofine bubbles ideal for protein skimmers or for dispensing CO2 (this is right off the package) i'm not all that impressed. the bubbles are finer than a regular airstone but an actual ceramic diffuser (from the pictures i've seen) seem to break the bubbles up even more
I just bought one from another user but was about to pull the trigger on this one CO2 Systems & Accessories: Aqua Euro Glass CO2 Diffuser
i've heard many complaints about shipping times with alot of the thailand and japan sellers

Just don't be in a rush, I think all of my old glass diffusers came from hong kong, 13 days in transit. It'll get there.

Back
Top Bottom