Co2 Goes To Bubble Counter And Then Stops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leader-Of-The-Fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone! Sorry to be bothering everyone with questions, but I promise this will be my last.

I set up a DIY Co2 Generator and I have it running to a bubble counter --> check valve --> Diffuser. Anyways, I see the Co2 bubbles in the bubble counter, but I do not see it in the tank! I sealed the lid and the tube that connects the check valve. Do I need to wait more for the pressure to build up for it to get pass the check valve?

Thanks in advance.

As long as you can see the bubbles in the counter they are going into the tank, you wont see actual bubbles because the diffuser is doing its job, it diffuses the bubbles into the water stream running through it. In other words it is getting dissolved into the water. when you stop seeing the bubbles is when its a problem. i am running about 2 drops a minute thru mine and it seems real close to correct. Make sure you turn it off when your lights go out, the plants need to "breathe" and release o2 thru their leaves at night time.

Back
Top Bottom