CO2 injection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

md7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i learnt about a DIY project of CO2 injection from the net.. and it has been three days after the day i mixed all the stuff together ( 3 cups of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of yeast) and put em inside a closed 2 litres bottle.

there are very few bubbles coming out of the tube (bout 2 bubble within 5 mins) and in order to make the yeast mixture release more bubbles, i have to shake it or put the bottle inside a warm pail to make the mixture warm.

is it ok if i do all those things (mix and make it warmer)? it has been three days and still so few bubbles.. does that mean that the project is not successful (maybe the yeast's dead?)?

in order to collect most of the bubble so that it won't evaporate directly on the air above, i put a trap (actually it's a bottom of a 500 ml bottle) on top of the end of the tube so that it can trap the air.

will it work better if i put the trapper above it? because i think more CO2 can absorb into the water that way..:)

to get more bubles do a bigger mix. i used a 1 gal water jug for mine and i dubbled the mix, and bubles were comming out like crazy. and its defenatly possible that your yeast is inactive. most off the packets that the yeast come in will give directions on how to check this. put i would try more shuger and more yeast and you should have some better results

Back
Top Bottom