CO2 Reactor Lesson Learned

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Good to hear.

The good news is I am using a fluval 406 on a 36 gallon so if I do end up with a little less flow it should still be more than enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just about all hooked up. I have the reactor in a container for now just incase it leaks a little.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417913762.328952.jpg

Found this to help make sharp bends with no kinks.

Seems to work well.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417978436.276649.jpg

The diy is strong in this one.. go far he will.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Now if I can just get the blue green algae to stop growing on my sand i might enjoy the hobby a little more!!

Hoping the strong canister and more co2 helps.

Now if I can just get the blue green algae to stop growing on my sand i might enjoy the hobby a little more!!

Hoping the strong canister and more co2 helps.

Need more flow, co2 will help, do you have a powerhead in there? Hit it with hydrogen peroxide in the meantime..

I don't have a powerhead in there. The tank is only 36 gallons. Hoping the fluval 406 creates enough flow. I keep turning the sand to try and burry it a bit.

Thought the powerhead down low would make the Cory cats crazy because of the flow.

If the above methods don't work with the BGA, then you could use Erythromycin. API has some that is found in the big box stores. Effective and won't kill your BB.

I did a 3 day blackout a week or so ago and that looked like it cleared all of it up and now it is back.

Before it was all over my back wall. Now it just looks to be on the sand.

Might try the medicine and kill it and see what happens.

Back to the cerger!

I have had it running for 2 hours or so and get a lot of water noise out of it.

I have used the air release tab on top which doesn't seem to help. I am hoping it clears up.

@brookster - Didn't you mention noise from your reactor as well?

@brookster - Didn't you mention noise from your reactor as well?

Yah, it's from the loose bio balls bouncing around, the water noise seems to go away after a day..

Thanks. I have nothing in mine but we will see what happens.

Sounds almost like a running waterfall.

Thanks. I have nothing in mine but we will see what happens.

Sounds almost like a running waterfall.

Yah, most likely some air in there.. maybe throw some bio balls in there? I have a bunch leftover, pm me and I'll send some out..

Yah, most likely some air in there.. maybe throw some bio balls in there? I have a bunch leftover, pm me and I'll send some out..

Thanks I might have to try that next. I can say my plants are loving it. My large amazon sword is bubbling like it does on water change days. Steady streams coming from it.

I am going to have to play with the flow in the tank a bit. The top of the tank was a little bit of a whirlpool effect going on. THe entire top layer is covered in bubbles as well. Not sure if it is undisolved co2 or from the plants!

Ryan, it could be CO2 gurgling. Mine gurgles a bit. My CO2 shuts off at 1500 and gurgles till about 1600. Then it stops. When the lights go off at 1700 it is dead quiet. From the looks of your plants pearling, you have enough CO2.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it takes a while for CO2 to completely dissolve.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomorrow morning will be a good test. Before co2 starts to see if there is gurgling. Then when co2 comes on before lights to see if there are bubbles. I can't tell right now if the bubbles all over is O2 from the plants or undisolved co2.

Back
Top Bottom