Coating things to put in a tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nghsquad05

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to put something in my tank but I don't know what to coat it in so it won't harm my fish. I need a clear coat so I don't want it covered up. What do I use?

I don't have any pics right now but what can I use i heard polyurethane works good

What do people use to coat stuff to put in a tank I have heard of people doing that

That's a nice looking tank have any ideas I could do with mine I am going to add more fish but I would like more going on in my tank

image-2921458746.jpg

That's a nice looking tank have any ideas I could do with mine I am going to add more fish but I would like more going on in my tank

You could add more rocks. Maybe a nice piece of driftwood. Also to make the tank pop you could always paint the background black or blue. Black is pretty popular.

Oh you put a pic in your other thread. You should ask a mod to merge your threads. Pretty much the same thing and we can all be on the same page lol. I had to go look at your other thread for a pic and then answer in another thread.

I am looking for real plants and I currently have 3 African chiclids and a jd

Saw the other pic lol. This is confusing. You have Africans right? You could try things like Anubias and java fern but it may not work. Some have success, I didn't. Once my guys matured that was the end of my plants.

Ok I can try that I heard that sand is better is that true what do u use

Ok I can try that I heard that sand is better is that true what do u use

I had gravel then switched to sand. I like sand and they love to dig. It's fun to watch them dig. It's preference really.

For me, I find sand to look really nice and easier to clean.

I use black Tahitian moon sand

image-3651490157.jpg

Ok thank you this week I'm going to change to sand and add some plants and some other things. I am also going to add more chiclids to the tank.

Back
Top Bottom