cool idea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquandrew

Aquarium Advice Addict
so my sister works at this brewing store and she brews quite a bit of beer. she came over to my house and i showed her my diy co2 system in my 20 high and showed her the mix and everything. she told me while brewing beer the co2 pours out for the first few weeks so why not have her sell me the equipment to brew beer and rig it up to go into the fish tank and kill two birds with one stone? she will also give me a 30% discount so thats a plus has anyone ever tried anything like this? im pretty sure i can make it work

hahaha, that's hilarious, way to multitask. I don't know anything about brewing beer, but as long as there's no other byproduct that might be harmful, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I've wondered if that would work, myself. Although I was thinking about making mead instead of beer.

its still not started yet will be when i finish getting all the supplies to actually brew the beer but my sister is the manager at the brew store and knows everything. we are also going to be making a tank to display at her work out of one of those carboys. it will be 3 gallons with an external canister filter and a submersible heater with a betta in it. hopefully we can drop some fake plants in to make it look cool. do you guys know if silkscreen is aquarium safe? we want to put a beer bottle that has a silkscreen label in one of the tanks drilled on the bottom with an airstone so the bottle fizzes.(stole the idea from the candy store episode of tanked)

its still not started yet will be when i finish getting all the supplies to actually brew the beer but my sister is the manager at the brew store and knows everything. we are also going to be making a tank to display at her work out of one of those carboys. it will be 3 gallons with an external canister filter and a submersible heater with a betta in it. hopefully we can drop some fake plants in to make it look cool. do you guys know if silkscreen is aquarium safe? we want to put a beer bottle that has a silkscreen label in one of the tanks drilled on the bottom with an airstone so the bottle fizzes.(stole the idea from the candy store episode of tanked)

I dunno if I'd be more excited about the healthy plants.... Or the awesome ale.... Or whatever ur gonna brew. Keep us updated as to what u decide to make.

I've been thinking about getting into home brewing too, let me know bro

I did the vodka bottle in a fish tank awhile back, ended up pulling it because algae began to grow in it.
img_2595110_0_70489c727a3cf559e810a45ca21b9adf.jpg

Miss that tank

Back
Top Bottom