covering crack with diy 3D background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lee1983

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all i'm hoping somebody can give me some advice i have a 60 litre aquairum in my shed with a y shape crack right through one of the end panels i was going to sillicone and perspex over the whole panel on both sides but could i get away with sealing the crack by sticking a diy 3D background over it? :confused:

cheers Lee

I don't know anything about the subject but I wouldn't even try to fix something like that. I'd take the money for the repairs and go find a used one without a crack on Craigslist or something. I could never trust it.

If you were wanting to repair that crack, use glass not any sort of plastic. The best way would be to remove the cracked piece and replace. A glass piece of the same size could be added inside the tank and siliconed in place. A tank of that size is generally inexpensive and most people wouldn't bother trying to fix it. If you have the time, materials, and desire by all means, try and repair it.

I don't know anything about the subject but I wouldn't even try to fix something like that. I'd take the money for the repairs and go find a used one without a crack on Craigslist or something. I could never trust it.

Agreed. Do not even try to deal with major cracks. Replace the tank! That's the best possible solution..

Back
Top Bottom