Crate aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really really hope that my build doesn't flood my house! So anymore suggestions on how I should do the liner?

NatureFish
????

Is this filter I made going to work for this build? It's just a bottle full of some random filter media I had and an airstone to create suction into the bottle. This is the instructional video I used.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1409956007.892053.jpg

NatureFish
????

It would be better if you hooked a power head up to it, but yeah. Itll work for a low bio load.

I don't have a power head but I'm only going to have one black Moore and possibly a oranda.

NatureFish
????

I liked the "ponds" made out of pots but that won't work for a black Moore. I love black moores! They have the best personalities!

NatureFish
????

What kind of drum? A metal one or plastic? I think that might be more expensive than the build.

NatureFish
????

I heard moores prefer wide and shallow not deep and skinny that's my only concern.

NatureFish
????

IMO this is almost even better than the original plan I was going to go with! Would this work for a few fancies? I would not use this exact kit/product but I would get something like this from home-depot. First link:
Second link:

NatureFish
????

For 2 goldfish your looking at least 40g with heavy filtration and lot's of waterchanges. Goldfish are messy fish.

So that's a no....? They have some pretty large pots meant for trees do think that would work?

NatureFish
????

If its absolutely not possible to put any goldfish in a set up like that what cold water species could I put in it besides minnows of any sort? I find that minnows are too delicate for a beginner such as myself. Not just that but at my LFS they are in terrible condition.

NatureFish
????

Definitely not koi! Koi grow to be several feet long and should only be kept in large ponds. I know because I have about 7 or 8 of them.

NatureFish
????

Koi are one of those fish that just keep growing and growing and growing and growing and growing and growing and growing.... It eventually will stop growing but koi can live 50+ years! If you want koi your going to have to want it for the rest of your life!!! They are just as messy as goldfish IMO. They are giant fish with giant waste and you know what that means! But koi are actually great fish for a beginner as long as you have the space! Beware of predators though... I've lost a whole entire pond full of giant koi worth thousands of dollars! Start out with koi from LFS and if you get addicted to these awesome fish you could even buy some show quality fish online.

NatureFish
????

Dang changing oil won't pay for that but I sure can build so I guess I'll have to wait to get to a house where I'll know I'll be at for a really long time

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom