Custom 3d-backgrounds!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well thats good to know and its essential to do the caves or any background in cement right ??

Italy592 said:
Well thats good to know and its essential to do the caves or any background in cement right ??

I'm not sure if its ok to have exposed polystyrene in your fish tank. It very well could be but you'd want to make sure.

Well I was always planning on doing the cement but I was wondering if people use something else or not

Italy592 said:
Well I was always planning on doing the cement but I was wondering if people use something else or not

I wouldn't know what else to use, on polystyrene. You could use fiberglass but you'need something other thank polystyrene because I'm pretty sure that epoxy will melt it. You also won't get that grainy "rock look" with fiberglass.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/5193/1328829793921.jpg

Here's what I got with SANDED GROUT. I applied it using my hands (with gloves). It has a nice "sand stone" like texture to it

I know all this I didn't mean like I didn't want to use cement I was just asking

Here's a rough idea of what I'm making still in te making but wanted to keep everyone updated !!!!

I think I'm going to silicone te whole thing together than cement it allb

Italy592 said:
I think I'm going to silicone te whole thing together than cement it allb

Cool. I just saw one before that was stacked like yours and was all cemented individual pieces.

You think siliconing it together than cementing it will work though right and I figured out a way to. Keep it from floating and beagle to use it in a established tank

Italy592 said:
You think siliconing it together than cementing it will work though right and I figured out a way to. Keep it from floating and beagle to use it in a established tank

It should work fine, considering you can fit it into your tank as one piece.

No im telling you I figured out a way to do it !!! I'm going to silicone PVC pipe tp three sections of the rock formation than silicone slate under each of the PVC pipe sections to weigh the entire background down

Italy592 said:
No im telling you I figured out a way to do it !!! I'm going to silicone PVC pipe tp three sections of the rock formation than silicone slate under each of the PVC pipe sections to weigh the entire background down

Fine. It just looks big to me...does it fit into your tank?

It looks big but it's border of the stacks of the styrofoam are the dimensions which where it is going to go in my tank

Italy592 said:
Here's a rough idea of what I'm making still in te making but wanted to keep everyone updated !!!!

kind of reminds me of the homes from the flintstones cartoon, not a critique just thinking out loud

Back
Top Bottom