Custom Stand for 60/65 Gallon Tank Q&A

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CatoeSc

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So, I am at a cross-roads with my plan to get a 60 to 65 gallon tank for our living area. Problem is, I am limited to about 38" for the length of the tank, meaning I'm looking at about a 36"x18"x24" tank. So, here's the challenge. We don't have a huge room, and as much as I want a nice tank, I don't want it to stand out as the most prominent thing in the room. I want it to be nice, but I'm afraid that a 2 foot tall tank on top of a standard height stand with a nice cover over it is going to be too much "stuff."

I'd like to see about reducing the height of the stand as much as possible while still having a canister filter. Any suggestions you might have to make this look nice, but not over-whelm the room would be very helpful.

Viper, 36" was about where I wanted to land on the stand height, so that should work well. What is your total height?

That's a good video. Watched some of your others, too. I'll probably dress it up a bit with some nicer trim work, but the frame and concept are perfect. I'm gonna drop it to 30" and it looks like my dream of a 65 gallon is gonna be reduced to a 40 gallon. Still a nice sized aquarium, and with Petco's sale, it's hard to not jump on the tank for just $40 bucks. Got any recommendation for good canisters? I like Marineland products, but also like the Nexx. Thoughts?

That's a good video. Watched some of your others, too. I'll probably dress it up a bit with some nicer trim work, but the frame and concept are perfect. I'm gonna drop it to 30" and it looks like my dream of a 65 gallon is gonna be reduced to a 40 gallon. Still a nice sized aquarium, and with Petco's sale, it's hard to not jump on the tank for just $40 bucks. Got any recommendation for good canisters? I like Marineland products, but also like the Nexx. Thoughts?

I don't want to take credit for those videos. They aren't mine lol. They are very informative however so I'm glad you were able to pick up some pointers.

I'm curious as to why you can't get a 65 gallon but you can get a 40 gallon? They are the same length and width (roughly 36" x 18") just with differing heights. And that difference in height could be made up entirely by you depending on how tall or short you make your stand.

The only canister filter I've ever had experience with is the Eheim that I have on my turtle tank. I've had no issues with it and I've had it for over a year and a half now.

I'm looking at the 40 b/c I can get one for $40 at Petsmart right now. The sale doesn't cover tanks more than 55 gallons, so I'm kinda trying to take advantage of a good sale.

I built a stand for my 110. Just check out my thread. I'm currently working on another built the same way. Duh.. sorry you wanted to shorter... I made my stand 48" so that it is eye level. I hate looking down into a tank.

Back
Top Bottom