Data logging???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPG_97

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey hey, so I was just wondering if any of you log information about your tank? (Temp, PH, hardness, etc etc) how do you do it? Pen and paper? If so, what's the format you use? Any apps? Anyone use aquarimate?

I have an app called aquaplanner, put in what fish, equipment, plants, etc . It gives reminders if you set them for feeding and water changes and whatever else you want. you can log water tests and it will make a graph for you. pro is $3.99 I think.

I use google sheets. I log *everything.* I keep track of all of the test results, when I buy or service equipment, and when I get my CO2 tank refilled. I have separate sheets for plants and stock, and I track their acquisition date or birth, where I got them, where they are now, how much I paid for them, when they die and of what, when I sell or trade and to whom for how much. I have another sheet with all parameters preferences for each critter from several sources, each source cited.

I started out with an app, and I loved that I could attach pictures, but I couldn't change location. When I moved one snail to a different tank so I could treat an injury, all of its value was lost to me. I can't remember which app it was.

I spend a lot of time on this hobby.

Back
Top Bottom