Digital Background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

0001a

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Has anyone here ever used a computer screen or TV as a background behind an aquarium to give it a more open and natural look, or even use it to have virtual fish swim around? I was also think that instead of using something cheesy like the fake aquarium screen savers on a computer I could use a recording of a real aquarium which would create an illusion of additional depth and variety.
I was thinking about playing around with this idea the other day and couldn't find anything on Google to lead me in the best direction to go with this idea - or even a few pictures to see if I would really like the end result.

Any thoughts on this?

They did it on tanked.. Pretty cool concept if you have the extra cash to play with..

Hmm...I was hoping a few more have already tried this.
I think I might experiment some and try it on a small scale first and see how it looks. I have a few screens and some smart phones laying around that I could use - maybe try to convert an old aquarium first before making something custom.

After lots of searching I've only found one youtube video of someone doing something similar...but it was poorly done.

That would be the only thing.. You'd have to do it nice nice or else it would just look cheesy IMO..done right though... Could be magical..

Sounds like an interesting concept but one that would be very hard to get right. The light itself would make the TV hard to see. ...then you have parallax.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, I think dealing with parallax will be the biggest issue and create the largest restraint on what can be done without ruining the illusion.

They did it on tanked.. Pretty cool concept if you have the extra cash to play with..

If memory serves, on Tanked the flat screen TV's were in "pockets" built into the tank as part of the bottom of the tank and were only a few inches or so from the front of the tank, so the view wasn't too bad.
They did that for a "Mob" themed tank and played movies like The Godfather on the TV's.

They did one for jellyfish to, I believe it had an interactive touch screen display as a background.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How would they do a touchscreen at the rear of a tank? How would one get to it to touch it without getting stung?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

I think it had some fancy smart glass or panel in front haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom