DIY 55g tank stand - need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxStLxx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 55g TruVu that is almost done, I just need to build a stand that will be able to support it and house a 20g long breeder tank that I've turned into a sump underneath it. It will also need enough head room to house 2 BRS reactors, and enough head room to be able to easily lift up the top of the protein skimmer to change out the skim-mate cup.

I was wondering if anyone would have any dimension ideas and building materials possibilities. As it is for a SW reef set up I'm sure Ill have to paint or lacquer the outside of the wood a few coats so it doesn't fall victim to humidity and salt creep.

Any help would be great thanks

I have never build a stand for any of my tanks, but I know you can use some 2 X 4 for the skeleton/base and then you just have to be creative. Dimensions, about 50 l X 15 w X 36 high. But once again, I have never built one, hopefully some one else will reply.

Thanks for the link, I found another one as well through my LFS. Though I'm going to wait till after the holidays to build it, as I'll have more time then

I just finished a stand and canapy for my 55 gallon I used grade a spruce then sanded and stained it ill post pics if u like

I'm a carpenter by trade so ask anything u like and ill help if u lived near me id build it for you

This is bare 2x4 frame screwed and drilled and doweled every joint for strength

ForumRunner_20111213_121059.jpg

ForumRunner_20111213_121059.jpg

Wow thats beautiful. What area are you near? And Ill draw out the plans that I found and modified slightly to meet my needs and post it up here.

It looks nice, looks simple enough. I'll try it out see how it goes. I like your structure. Mine has to be wide to fit the sump under it. I have to wait till after the holidays when I have time to do it.

Back
Top Bottom