DIY- 75g 2x4 stand!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha nice! The bucket idea sounds pretty cool. It would be neat to use 4 buckets as the sump and add 3" holes to some with pvc there to flow to the next!!! I may have to try this now!

It is amazing jw! Now only if I could get my daddy or brother to make me one! They don't trust me with a saw since I cut my finger almost completely off when I was 6 :( I just wanted to make a armory for my GIJoes.... They really needed it

I would get one from online. I really like the lifeguard aquatics models. I've used them in the past with great success. Very powerful and very cheap

Good to know! I was thinking if I get the 65-75 I would do a sump to, or just a big Rubbermaid canister..

I am gonna try buckets! I think it will be very neat!
yah! You can stuff one with foam, one with poly fill and one with bio balls?? I think that would work great.. Throw a uv sterilizer on that baby and watch out floating in air fluffster!

I'm gonna do it! 3 buckets. 1 with biomedia, 1 with Floss and the last for the return! I love DIY! I'll draw up some designs!

How would this work? Obviously bucket 3 is simple just a return pump but would this work?
Btw, the red lines are egg crate

Attachments

• 1394476636376.jpg
    1394476636376.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 53
Wouldn't you want bio media after coarse filtration(egg crate)? Will you be drilling the tank?

Wouldn't you want bio media after coarse filtration(egg crate)? Will you be drilling the tank?

Yes your right. I'll reverse it then I completely forgot. Nope I won't be drilling it, that's too much work! Just a siphon pulling the water out. I want about 1000gph to 2000gph for this!

What happens if the siphon breaks?!? Will there be any kind if emergency shut off? What about a ball float the an on/off switch ?? Like a toilet tank!

The siphon won't break! It's only a 3 ft drop to where it's gonna be. I've never used a ball float for a water pump. Got a link I can read up on it?

The siphon won't break! It's only a 3 ft drop to where it's gonna be. I've never used a ball float for a water pump. Got a link I can read up on it?
good po.into, you'll just have to manually restart the siphon whenever you do a wc? No link to my brain sorry.. If you're interested I'll think something up, it'd be way simple, basically a float that when it hit a certain level, either to high it low, would shut the pump off, as long as the siphon tube wasn't to low in tank it would kill the siphon too!

Back
Top Bottom