DIY Algae scraper in 30 seconds.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crepe

Aquarium Advice Addict
I needed an algae scraper quick for my 20 gallon so I came up with this.

You need:
1x box cutter replacement blade or razor blad or really any one edged, disposable blade.
1x pair of chopsticks, the kind you get at the take out that you snap open.

Take your chopsticks and use your razorblade to cut a groove on the fat end of the chopsticks, the side where they join. Then insert the razor blade. You now have a small algae scraper for less than a dollar and a minute of your time.

Go to your local grocery store, and get one of their membership cards, don't bother filling it out. They are the size of a credit card and usually made out of a stiff plastic that works great for scraping algae off the tank. They don't scratch the tank either. Once it gets used up, you can pick up another one for free.

I used to use the unsolicted credit cards that came in the mail every week. They were great/ I like the store member card idea. Works the same.

haha very clever. its also possible to just rub it off with your fingers if you dont mind getting your hands a little dirty. making sure your hands are clean of course. i more though use used filters from my biofilter. they dont scratch at all, and little pressure is needed to remove it :)

Back
Top Bottom