Diy aquarium hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anthonysafricans

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does anyone have any advise to go about this? I just started my fish room n have a bunch of tanks no hoods...was trying to figure a cheap and effective way to make a hood n keep moisture in tank

With a lot of tanks, glass covers are usually the best. If you can find some salvage glass, perhaps from window installers, you can learn to cut glass and make your own.

It sounds like you want glass tops like BillD said. That would be pretty easy. measure the diameter of the lip around the top of the tank, the inside of the plastic rim, assuming you have standard glass tanks. Decide on the size of your top, leaving room for gas exchange and filter connections. Cut 2 pieces of glass, one to be the lid, the other to be the "door". glue a "knob" on top of the "door" so it can be easily lifted. You can try and find a way to hinge the two pieces together, or just have the "door" a "lift and remove" piece.

make sense?

Does anyone have any advise to go about this? I just started my fish room n have a bunch of tanks no hoods...was trying to figure a cheap and effective way to make a hood n keep moisture in tank

im useing...10mm acrylic for my hood...easy to cut n drill...wont discolour...bad thing about it though was i left it too long and the protective paper woulnt come off took me hours to scrap it off n cleaned with methalated spirits...

Back
Top Bottom