DIY background...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GoatcheesePizza

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This might seem like a real wussy thing to post for but im having trouble with a paper background ( the kind u put on the back outside). I bought this background that i like with a tube of some kind of oily stuff that was said to stick it to the glass which it did but it also said to get all the air bubbles out. ˇhis is the part im having trouble with. It seems that the sides of it wont get rid of the air bubbles. They keep coming back! One whole side has air under it about an inch into the background and the other side has the same problem except its smaller and in the middle of the side. We used plastic cards to get the air out. They worked great except for the sides. Has anyone ever gotten this stuff? Can anyone give me tips or reasons why this is happening??

thanks!!

Is it sea view gel? That stuff was great when I used it. No bubbles at all. May be the material the background is made from or if the tank was not clean when you put it on maybe?

yeah thats it! i was pretty sure the tank was clean... but i guess i can rinse it off real quick and try to put the stuff on again. and the background came with the sea view gel so i doubt its the material. if rinsing it off doesnt help what would you suggest then?

I let mine sit for a couple of minutes before I used the card. But I had no problems. Maybe not using enough gel? I applied very heavily

yeah i did that too. I dont think i have anymore actually because we used the rest on my brothers background... could i get the gel by itself?

Ok good! lol thanks man :) ill ad another post on here if nothing works to let you know.

Back
Top Bottom