Diy build finished !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pau1parker

Aquarium Advice Regular
I recently uploaded posts showing my diy stand build , my main onjective was to do everything myself ! Asin build the stand from scratch , build the lid myself ect , thought id post you the finished pictures! Feedback welcome , positive or negative :) have new caves and plants which should arrive tomorrow incase you thought its looking abit bare ...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420504454.588216.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420504470.866306.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420504492.932047.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420504510.716119.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420504524.485915.jpg

I have only just added the sand so the waters still abit cloudy , hopefully it will clear in the next few hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It looks great

Sent from my LG-US730 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That stand looks pretty nice! Do you have pictures of it during the building process?

That stand looks pretty nice! Do you have pictures of it during the building process?

Thanks , i didnt take many but got a few that will dhow a little of how i built it
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420505812.720651.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420505838.537561.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420505860.103001.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1420505876.536992.jpg
The **** cat wouldnt leave ! Haha

Pictures or videos of the building process would be appreciated

To be honnest iv never done anything like this before and wasnt expecting the outcome to be as good as it was (not to sound big headed) so didnt really take pictures or videos of everything i did , thinking of it i could have helped alot of people and saved them a lot of money, starting to wish i did now !

That's looks pretty good, gave me a few ideas. Great job mate.

Thanks again , glad it did , need to know anything else let me know and ill try help!

It looks really nice. Thanks for sharing. (y) I can only assume that the cat was there to make sure everything went purrrrfectly. lol
The big thing about building a stand out of lumber is to use the right sized lumber. You might be able to make a nice looking stand out of 1 x 1s but it won;t hold a lot of water. ;) So for all you DIYers, make sure you know what you are building. Just thought that needed to be added. :whistle:

Once again, Good job Paul. (y)

It looks really nice. Thanks for sharing. (y) I can only assume that the cat was there to make sure everything went purrrrfectly. lol

The big thing about building a stand out of lumber is to use the right sized lumber. You might be able to make a nice looking stand out of 1 x 1s but it won;t hold a lot of water. ;) So for all you DIYers, make sure you know what you are building. Just thought that needed to be added. :whistle:

Once again, Good job Paul. (y)

Haha that must have been why it all didn't go purr shaped :p
Thats right, i know alot of people use 2x2 lumber but i used 2x4 just to be sure and for a piece of mind ,
thanks allot man much appreciated !

Back
Top Bottom