DIY C02 for a 75 gallon aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gad2ski

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all, I have just made a C02 set up for my 75 gallon community tank. In one bottle I have mixed yeast and sugar and in bottle #2 I only have water that works as a filter and bubbler. It works. I am getting a huge amount of C02 from it but now I don't know how many Bps I should go for. At the moment I am delivering 1 bubble per second but is that enough? My tank is heavily planted and I have something in the range of 26 fish in it.

Let me know pls. I don't want to over do it and kill my fish with delivering too much C02 and at the same time I don't want it to be not enough to the point when it won't make a difference at all.

Thanks!!!

I agree with Barliman, plus the amount of bubbles fluctuates throughout the life of the yeast possibly creating algae issues. Have you looked into the citric acid and soda DIY method? This is a more controlled system, allowing to shut the system off at night.

I second the citric acid and baking soda method. It's reliable and constant. And you have visual confirmation when it's about to end and needs replacement. And if the pressure builds up to much, the reaction can be stopped until the it's back in the green zone. And a lot less messier.

Back
Top Bottom