DIY co2.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A 20 oz at 3-6 bps should last you at least 4-6 months.

A 20 oz at 3-6 bps should last you at least 4-6 months.

From everything I've heard, that's an extremely optimistic projection. Most people get between 1-3 months at 2-3 bps. There is great variation between reports, but this is the first I've seen with that long of a duration.

Florio your PM box is full and I can't answer your PM until you empty it. Sorry OP for having to post this here.

From everything I've heard, that's an extremely optimistic projection. Most people get between 1-3 months at 2-3 bps. There is great variation between reports, but this is the first I've seen with that long of a duration.

This is for if your running 24/7 which people assume cause your running paint ball, but you said you got a reg on there with a solenoid correct?

I'm on my 4th month with a 16 oz running 4 bps and i ran 24 7 for a month.

I'm just starting to run out.

I would imagine that the people at the lower end weren't using solenoids, and the people at the upper end would. If you're using a regulator with solenoid though, why wouldn't you get a 5# tank though?

You can get a co2 reg for a paint ball tank for 80 bucks with noid instead of 140+ and the fills are like 5 bucks instead of 15

Also the OP has reg on his tank so I'm fairly accurate.

You can get a co2 reg for a paint ball tank for 80 bucks with noi d instead of 140+ and the fills are like 5 bucks instead of 15

But you need to fill it up 4-5x as much, so you're losing money there. And a full sized regulator should only cost ~$90.

But you need to fill it up 4-5x as much, so you're losing money there. And a full sized regulator should only cost ~$90.

You can get 30 oz tanks for paint ball, you don't use more than a normal co2 system.

Also I have not seen any fully solenoid set ups less than 140.

Only reason to go paint ball is cause it's cheaper and just as good.

You may find one cheaper but paint ball is just easy.

And how much was your tank?

Anyways it doesent really matter. Once you have a reg and a noid on there they are exactly the same but the fills are cheaper.

$40, although I believe you specified regulator cost (ie minus tank).

Well I ment full set up, I got my aquatek mini for 84 bucks on eBay , and my 4 pound tank for 15 bucks.

So it's a little cheaper.

You can Craig's list all these paint ball tanks a lot easyer as well so I bet you could do cheaper than that if you tried.

With a DIY yeast set up, do you have to way to switch it of at night?? Thinking of trying one and just trying to get my head round it.

With a DIY yeast set up, do you have to way to switch it of at night?? Thinking of trying one and just trying to get my head round it.

Usualy DIY yeast you have on 24/7

Back
Top Bottom