DIY co2 Diffuser/bubble wand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lpn4

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just started a DIY co2 injector today. I am working out the kinks on a DIY diffuser, but right now, there is an airstone at the bottom of my 10g FW planted tank. My question is, do I still need a bubble wand? If I can remove it, then can I take it out now? What is the appropriate time frame here. Also, don't worry, I am keeping a very close eye on my PH.

Edit:: Okay, maybe a bit more information on my question. Since my plants will inevitably be growing faster and stronger, thus producing more oxygen, is it necessary to keep a bubble wand in the tank?

Last edited:
I run a co2 diffuser on one side of my 10 gallon next to the intake tube of my filter and bubble stone on the other end for now until my plants really start producing oxygen.

They will start bubbling o2 from the leaves it will be tiny bubbles but you should be able to see them.

That's pearling. That means they're letting off oxygen faster than it can dissolve in the water. Co2 and O2 have no correlation though. Just because you're increasing co2 doesn't mean that the fish have less available o2.

Back
Top Bottom