DIY CO2 for 55 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

everest22

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all,

I'm planning on setting up a DIY CO2 generator to boost my plants. I have a Fluval 405 and I was planning on placing the CO2 line with airstone under the intake so the Fluval could suck in the CO2 bubbles for diffusion. My question is, will this hurt the Fluval motor at all?

Thanks in advance!

everest22 said:
Hello all,

I'm planning on setting up a DIY CO2 generator to boost my plants. I have a Fluval 405 and I was planning on placing the CO2 line with airstone under the intake so the Fluval could suck in the CO2 bubbles for diffusion. My question is, will this hurt the Fluval motor at all?

Thanks in advance!

Hi a lot of people on here beleive that once you get to about 29 gallon DIY co2 is completely useless, IME it won't work good enough for a tank your size

Hey, so even if i would run multiple diy co2 generators, you still think it'd be pointless?

Maybe if you run multiple bottles you should be ok but it is no way near effective as pressurised co2 mate but then its a lot cheaper :) x

Back
Top Bottom