DIY co2 help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tetra1990

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm wanting to get into co2 for my plants, java fern, melon swords and the tank is a 29 gallon. I've read you can use a 2 liter soda bottle and air tubing. I would appreciate some advice on how to go about this. Thanks.

Tetra1990 said:
I'm wanting to get into co2 for my plants, java fern, melon swords and the tank is a 29 gallon. I've read you can use a 2 liter soda bottle and air tubing. I would appreciate some advice on how to go about this. Thanks.

I run a bottle and all I have is a tube running from the bottle, to the diffuser, which is inside the tank. A check valve is a good thing to have in between so as not to start a siphon

George9 said:
I run a bottle and all I have is a tube running from the bottle, to the diffuser, which is inside the tank. A check valve is a good thing to have in between so as not to start a siphon

What's a diffuser? The more I think about this, the more I'm wanting to just use root tabs.

It turns the big co2 bubbles into a stream of tiny ones. I used a fluval ceramic diffuser. Just hook it up to the end of the tube and your set. Easy.

Look it up on Amazon. I paid like $6

Back
Top Bottom