DIY CO2 lnjector.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taiken5968

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I just built a CO2 injector. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas for the defuser. I am planning to use an air stone and a fine sponge. Any other ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

Also I want to know If there are any concerns using CO2 that I need to know about. Thanks everyone.

Attachments

• image-1912806923.jpg
    image-1912806923.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 122
Oh god, thought they were goldfish for a second, I was about to scold you for their poop
:lol: :ROFLMAO:

It's a checkvalve stuffed into a 5ml medicine dropper stuck in a marineland maxi-jet powerhead 400gph it chopps the bubbles up so fine most of the time I can't even se them coming out

ForumRunner_20130409_031616.jpg

ForumRunner_20130409_031228.jpg

ForumRunner_20130409_031248.jpg

It's a checkvalve stuffed into a 5ml medicine dropper stuck in a marineland maxi-jet powerhead 400gph it chopps the bubbles up so fine most of the time I can't even se them coming out

I have a bubble stone under my filter. I figure the bubbles will come up and be broken up by the water fall, or should I put the bubble stone under the filter intake, and let the bubbles go through the filter?

if its a hob i prob wouldnt i tried it with my bio wheel and it sounded like it was grinding rocks. when i switched to a canister i tried it and it worked great but the canister made a slight churning noise not anything that bothered me but it bothered my wife when she was trying to sleep so i ordered this powerhead and it works great so great i have to shut it off 3/4 way through my lighting period lol

if its a hob i prob wouldnt i tried it with my bio wheel and it sounded like it was grinding rocks. when i switched to a canister i tried it and it worked great but the canister made a slight churning noise not anything that bothered me but it bothered my wife when she was trying to sleep so i ordered this powerhead and it works great so great i have to shut it off 3/4 way through my lighting period lol

What do you think of just letting the bubbles go up in the path of the filter outlet? Would that work better?

And how much bubble production should I be looking for.

Do you have some sort of bubble counter set up and is it just an airstone? Nothing else to diffuse.

Would it be a good idea to use this small filter? It has a place where I can attach an air tube.

Attachments

• image-64649252.jpg
    image-64649252.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 71
Kanda sorta. I think it would do better deeper in the tank. Or if I had it right inder my filter outlet.

I've tried a few different DIY setups for mine and so far the best I've come across (with the exception of an actial diffuser as there like 40 ish bucks) is how I have it setup with my powerhead

Back
Top Bottom