DIY CO2 Question on diffusion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Corbo

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys, sorry to bother you with another CO2 DIY question, but I have a 30 gallon tank with a diffusor set up... I feel like I'm not getting enough diffusion out of a simple air stone, but I don't have a powerhead to mock what most of the people on youtube do that claims "100% solubility".

So, I just wondered if only using an airstone will be enough to supply my tank with CO2? Or should I set up another?

Airstones clog easily with yeast gunk and make big bubbles. Try a broken chop stick stuck in the output or feeding it into your canister filter.

I have a bubble counter bottle which is supposed to help with the yeast gunk part? I don't have a canister filter :( just a plain ole' HOB

I found a small internal filter that worked very well. I had a failed DIY Co2 attempt a long time back. It was one of these, which has a place for air tubing to be hooked up. I just shoved the tubing from the bottle on it, and it filtered the tank and diffused the co2 at the same time :) Lots of teeny tiny little bubbles.

Just make the air hose from the co2 go directly into the intake of your hob filter

This will cause the co2 to dilsolve into the water while going threw the filter

Sent from my HTC Magic using Aquarium

Back
Top Bottom