DIY CO2 setup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I plan on using the ladder idea. I was just wondering about a bell and if it would work.

Ok, power reactors???? Got any suggestions. I've seen a few, but honestly have not been pointed to any good ones. Any suggestions. I'm open. I've got a few bucks to spend. Cheap is good. Efficient is better.

Again, thanks everyone with the help on this. My Algae is growing and I need to find a way to keep it in check.

Tom Barr venturii design. Goal is micro bubbles for saturation and circulation of CO2.
Tetrin's poll on AA. Various designs mentioned and you could DIY a mimic of Travis's stuff if so inclined. CO2 thread in that forum links articles with various reactor designs.

Ok, after dosing with 3.1 ml of baking soda (ruffly 1.5 teaspoons) The KH is up to 40 ppm from about 15 - 20.

PH went up ruffly .4 from 6.8 to easy 7.2

I'm waiting to see what happens. I'm buying a new hardness kit as soon as I can find one. LFS was out of the AP one today when I went to get more. SO I'm using my backup-strips. GAG. So my readings may be a little off. My ph is good I'm just a little iffy on the KH right now. But they have always been real close and good in the past so I don't dough the ready as being close.

Took a reading this morning. KH is at 60PPM, PH still at 7.2

If my PH stays stable. I may try and run my KH up to 80PPM just to be on the safe side when I add the CO2.

Things are looking good to me. So I'm happy.

Took full readings, nothing changed other then PH and KH. GH might have but I don't have a test for that right now as stated above.

Looks like in a few days I should be ready for CO2, and I'm hopping to have the kit finish by then.

Back
Top Bottom