DIY driftwood question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosoxlobsterman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

I have some wood which I'm converting to driftwood via boiling & long periods of soaking to leach the tannins out. I'm pretty well through the process so I've started thinking about how I'll arrange the driftwood in my tank. I thought fixing it to the glass horizontally could look really cool, but I'm unsure about how to go about this. I thought about silicone (I'm moving in a couple months and the aquarium will be empty at that point anyway...), but I don't know how that would work on wood.

Any suggestions on adhesives?

Silicone should work just fine. Just make sure you get the right kind, some stuff has antifungal chemicals in it that can be dangerous in your tank. 100% silicone is the right stuff.

Thanks! I wasn't sure if it would adhere/support the wood. I'll post pics later this summer when I get it done :)

you could try suction cups in case you ever wanted to move it around

I agree with the suction cups, but then again I'm the kind of person who doesn't like anything permanent haha

I thought about suction cups, too, and I might try them. I'm just afraid they won't hold the weight - I kinda wanted them to stick out into space

Back
Top Bottom